Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Who Cares About the Quality, Feel the Quantity...

10Mp phones - why? What's wrong with putting a really good 3Mp CCD into a phone, so people can generate usable 6"x4" prints from it, rather than the rubbish we get now? I guarantee the quality of the npics won't approach my 6Mp compact camera let alone my 8.1Mp Canon 20D, so why consume extra flash space with those wasted pixels?

OK, so the problem is probably a combination of optics with such a thin device and the fact that the camera is still a secondary feature so people just go with the big number and don't read DPReview to find out how much pin cushion distortion they have, but still. Sony-Ericsson are half there with the K800, but hopefully in the next year people will stop playing the size game and start caring about quality. Then I can stop buying compact cameras and breaking them every 6 months, it'll all be covered by my phone insurance ;)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there 

I need help with my crappy computer! It is always freezing when i open IE and going to MSN? What do you think?

By the way, I love that too!  How did you find that?  

Bye, - Shelia! 




[color=#9ad][url=http://legitimate-paid-surveyjpbcsepy.blogspot.com]how I make money with paid surveys[/url][/color]

2:27 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there 

I need help with my crappy computer! It is always freezing when i open IE and going to MSN? What do you think?

By the way, I love that too!  Where did you get that at?  

Bye, - Shelia! 



[color=#9ad][url=http://completing-get-paid-surveymgwjucihp
o.blogspot.com]how I make money with paid surveys[/url][/color]

6:49 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home